Looking for a great and easy-to-do project for your family this Christmas? My wife, Cherith, started this Christmas tradition in our family when my kids were just babies. It has meant a lot to our family, and I hope you will find it meaningful as well. I have had several requests to post this again, so here you go:
“CHRISTMAS PRAYER CHAIN”
What you need:
25 strips of construction paper (approx 2 inches wide and six inches long); a sharpie marker; glue
What to do:
1) Prior to Dec. 1st, gather your kids together and take turns naming the name of someone the family will pray for (friends, family, pastors, teachers, and others)
2) Write one name on each strip of construction paper, then glue each strip together end-to-end, linking each to make a long paper chain (see graphic above).
3) Place the Christmas Prayer Chain on the mantle or on the Christmas Tree
4) Starting Dec. 1st, gather the family together to remove one link of the chain and pray together for the person listed on that link.
5) This is a wonderful way to countdown the days until Christmas and have meaningful family prayer time.
May you and your family enjoy your Christmas holiday!